If rappers are going to mine Atliens for inspiration, it seems only right that someone else strike the main mid-90s vein that is Mystic Stylez. A$AP Crew could use their own Gangsta Boo, but couldn’t we all. There was no other way to ride out the year than bumping “Suck a Dick for 2011.” I assure you. The Raider Gang goon has apparently re-mastered 10 tracks from BLVCKLVND, plus a few other loosies and dropped them via ATrilli. Yes, I am mainly posting this because Sach needs some DJ-quality tracks to spin out. But you probably want it too.
In other news, Spaceghost produced “Pretty Flacko,” the new track from A$AP Rocky — notable not least for its ability to steal the titular term from Mos Def and re-claim the word “jiggy.” Doom is the Bukowski guy, but every time I hear A$AP mob, I think about a the old Buk quote: “Style is the answer to everything. A fresh way to approach a dull or dangerous thing. To do a dull thing with style is preferable to doing a dangerous thing without it.” Plus, it’s less annoying than saying swag. Danny Brown knows.
Tracklist below the jump.
1. (00:05:17) Spaceghostpurrp – Been Fweago (ProdBy Spaceghostp
2. (00:02:11) Spaceghostpurrp – Grind On Me (Prod By Spaceghos
3. (00:03:17) Spaceghostpurrp – Muney Uuup (Prod By Spaceghos
4. (00:04:52) Spaceghostpurrp – Filthy Fucking Trill (Prod By
5. (00:01:53) Spaceghostpurrp – Power (Prod By SpaceGhostpurrp
6. (00:03:21) Spaceghostpurrp – O Of the East (Prod By Spacegh
7. (00:03:17) Spaceghostpurrp – Rath Of A Raider (Prod By Space
8. (00:04:53) Spaceghostpurrp – Mack Named Purrp (Prod By Space
9. (00:01:43) Spaceghostpurrp – Pheel Tha Phonk
10. (00:01:43) Spaceghostpurrp – Bringing Tha Phonk (Prod By Spaceghost)