Chris Daly is naughty. By nature.
The “problem” with spring is that it never lasts long enough for anyone’s liking. Whether I’ve been living in Chicago, with its seemingly endless winters, or Washington, D.C., with its too humid summers, there’s never enough upper 60s/lower 70s, first buds popping on the trees, leave the coat at home and let the world see how pale you’ve grown temperatures for my tastes. Of course, that’s probably what makes it arguably the best time of the year, even if it does seem to only last 15 minutes before you go from just above freezing your ass off to deep in the jungle fucking hot. To celebrate this momentous occasion, I’ve crafted a mix that’s a little laid back, a little bit sunny, but not intentionally too hot to handle. That train leaves the station in about 14 more minutes. From old school bangers to extended funk jams, these are songs to inspire you to kick off your shoes and feel the grass between your toes for the first time in too long. Enjoy it while it lasts.
ZIP:The Best 15 Minutes of the Year
1. Spring Again by Biz Markie from The Biz Never Sleeps
2. Follow Birds by Robot Koch from Finest Ego | German / Austrian / Swiss Compilation
3. Peter Piper by Run D.M.C. from Raising Hell
4. Park Walks by TOKiMONSTA from LA Series 8/10
5. A01. Felicity – Feat Bigson by Rain Dog from Two Words
6. Springtheme by Ween from Pure Guava
7. Shortberry Strawcake by Sheila E. from The Glamorous Life
8. Eruption by Tobacco from Ultima II Massage
9. Balseros by Barrio Lindo from Menoko
10. Just a Minute by Jonwayne from I Don’t Care
11. Coast Is Clear (feat. Chance The Rapper & The Social Experiment) by Skrillex from Recess
12. Sundress by Coco Brown & the Phat Cat Players from Live Soul Music Compilation Vol. 1