Chris Daly has the illest costumes
OK, admittedly, this may not be the first Halloween mix you hear this year. Hell, it might not even be the first one you cop from Passion of the Weiss (props to Evan). Let’s not kid ourselves, though, one can never have enough musical accompaniment for a night filled with scantily clad adults wearing inappropriately themed children’s costumes (Sexy Olaf from Frozen? Really?) To fully capture that level of depraved debauchery, the “Spooky, eh, Kids?” mixtape runs the gamut from “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” samples to Foxy Brown and Lil’ Kim equating their nether regions to sweets. And if there’s a better rhyme for candy than “I’m her Hume Cronyn, she’s my Jessica Tandy,” then you know what? I don’t need to hear it. In between, I’ve thrown in some seasonally appropriate jawns ranging from Wu-Tang to TOKiMONSTA. When I make mixtapes, I do not fuck around.
1. “Tricks N Treats” by Kid Koala from Scratchcratchratchatch
2. “SPOOKY FREESTYLE 16” by Nocando from his Sound Cloud
3. “Clarice” by the Nocturnals from Next Time It’s Personal
4. “Those Ghosts” by oddlogic from Autumn Wilt
5. “Candy” Foxy Brown ft. Kelis from Broken Silence
6. “Autumn Yearning” by Kwala from Finest Ego | Luminous Things
7. “I Want Candy” by MC Chris from Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters Original Soundtrack
8. “I Want Candy/I Know What Boys Want/Who Do You Love/Not Fade Away” by Howe Gelb w/ Scout Niblett from Graciously: A Gulf Relief Compilation
9. “How Many Licks?” by Lil’ Kim from The Notorious K.I.M.
10. “Let Me Trick You” by TOKiMONSTA from Cosmic Intoxication EP
11. “Execution in Autumn” by the Wu-Tang Clan from Soul Temple Music Band Camp
12. “Time Passed Autumn” by Apollo Brown from Time Passed Autumn