Harold Stallworth only drinks sparkling water.
This was originally intended to be a fall mixtape, but my laptop and turntable conked out around the same time back in October. Fortunately, I was able to get both repaired and now all is right with the world. Anyway, before my stuff broke, I came across a remix project that pairs a bunch of Nas vocals with beats from The Infamous. It’s a cool project overall (check it out here), but what really caught my attention was the “Nas Is Like” blend over “Drink Away the Pain.” It works surprisingly well over a bouncier, jazzier beat. The only drawback is that for some reason it doesn’t include the final verse, which I think might be my favorite of the three. The rest of the songs featured here seemed like a good match with regard to style and tempo.
Download: Winter Mix: Harold Stallworth
1. The Lox – Chest 2 Chest Freestyle
2. Raekwon – Range Rover Sport
3. Camp Lo – Can I Get A
4. Nas – Nas Is Life (Infamous Remix)
5. Kleer – I Still Love You
6. Grand Puba – I Like It (Quelle Chris Remix)
7. Sid Roams – Fly High (Instrumental)
8. Nightwind – Why Can’t We
9. Hall & Nash – Lobos
10. Stanley Clarke & George Duke – You’re Gonna Love It