Harold Stallworth only has two weeks left on his lease.
As I was compiling songs for this mixtape, I wrestled with the question of what exactly constitutes mafioso rap. What I found was that it’s incredibly hard to pin down a definitive set of parameters. Just a few years ago, Brooklyn rapper Skyzoo released a full-length cover of Jay-Z’s debut album, Reasonable Doubt, which is distinctly mafioso. Yet nothing about Skyzoo or his derivation of Reasonable Doubt ever struck me as even close. I suppose that I just know it when I hear it. This mixtape is what I’ve heard over the last few years or so.
01. Lil Eto – Asics
02. Mach Hommy – So Much More
03. Rick Ross – Geechi Liberachi
04. Skaldowie – Zyczenia Z Całego Serca
05. The UN – Crumbs
06. Raekwon – Marble Cake
07. Ennio Morricone – Doricamente
08. Hall & Nash – They Killed Pookie
09. Tha God Fahim – Black Snow
10. Hus Kingpin – Wave Star
11. Curren$y – Cargo Planes
12. Willie The Kid – Wash My Car
13. Dexter Wansel – Something Just For Us