Will Hagle now reports to Creative Director Lou Avery
Spring is a transitional season, one that promises summer is coming soon but constantly reminds you it’s still kinda winter. Two weeks ago I sat outside at Busch stadium in 80 degree weather, optimistic about the start of the spring and baseball seasons. I left with a sunburn and ruined dreams of a decent Cubs year. My flight to O’hare two days later was delayed due to snow.
I made this mix to mirror springtime’s erratic behavior. It cuts in and out of songs before they finish, but that’s how fast weather and moods can change in these months. Just when you want to be outdoors in perfect, Berkeley-style weather like The Pack, winter’s leftovers return and knock you down into an Elliot Smith-level mental state. I also threw in some clips from the Mean Girls Spring Fling scene to make your enjoyment of Cut Chemist either way better or intolerable.
1. Trillville – “Some Cut (Chopped & Screwed)”
2. Gene Autry – “Springtime in the Rockies”
3. Onoshobishobi – “Honey I”
4. Cut Chemist – “A Peak In Time”
5. Mr. Lif – “The Fries”
6. Young Dro – “Shoulder Lean (Chopped & Screwed)
7. The Pack – “this is it PACK”
8. Elliot Smith – “Question Mark”
9. The Good the Bad and the Queen – “Nature Springs”
Other songs used: Kermit the Frog “Rainbow Connection,” Kanye West “We Don’t Care,” R. Kelly “Put Some Money On It,” Bun B “You’re Everything”