Aaron Frank wrote this from the 38th parallel north of the Internet.
As we work our way through the hottest part of the summer, I’ve included some downtempo tracks on this month’s mix to reflect the oppressive humidity we’ve been experiencing here in the South. Starting with back-to-back tracks from the burgeoning LuckyMe camp out of Glasgow, the ambient sounds of Claude Speeed’s “My Skeleton” start off the mix, followed by S-Type’s “Lost Girls,” a track that was initially produced for Drake. Slowing things down a bit further, I’ve followed it with a cut from OG Ron C’s excellent OVO mixtape, as well as new tracks from Shlohmo, Lunice and FKA Twigs.
Later on in the mix, I get into my usual upbeat dance selections, but even those seem unusually relaxed this month. Simian Mobile Disco’s promising industrial-tinged single “Tangents” is included, along with a new remix from Daniel Avery’s latest. Afterwards, we get into the B-side from Leon Vynehall’s marvelous new single “Butterflies,” and to cap things off, two left field tracks from Suicideyear and Deadboy. Next month’s mix is already shaping up to be a good one. Stay cool out there.
Download link: Frank N Beats Mix: 005
1. Claude Speeed – My Skeleton
2. S-Type – Lost Girls
3. Drake – Days In The East (Chopped Not Slopped)
4. Jeremih and Shlohmo – Let It Go
5. Lunice – Can’t Wait
6. Rustie feat. Danny Brown – Attak
7. FKA Twigs – Two Weeks
8. Simian Mobile Disco – Tangents
9. Daniel Avery – Knowing We’ll Be Here (KiNK Remix)
10. Leon Vynehall – This Is The Place
11. Four Tet – Buchla (Seven Davis Jr. Remix)
12. Suicideyear – Hope Building A
13. Deadboy – Return